Sunday, June 12, 2011

Kumquat Revisited

Kumquat in the Garden
The kumquat, puchased several days ago as a fragrant addition to the aviary greenhouse outside my office has been removed to the garden, where it sits next to a pale pink hydrangea. It is lovely to look at but harder to sniff.

I was not the only one delighted with the kumquat's sweet scent, Shakira, the male of my pair of feral parakeets immediately found it delicious, within an hour he was discovered chewing on a cluster of white blossoms -- I had to swat him away, risking life and limb.

The birds have gone mad. NEVER uncage your budgies. 

1 comment:

  1. Hmph. You know which of your children wouldn't eat your kumquat flowers? ME. Don't forget it.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me!

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter for odds and end (and bits and pieces) that don't add up to a post -- yet.